Number of Internships: 2
Internship length: 3 months unpaid
Internship Location: varies Turkey/UK
Start Date: ASAP
Lifeline Help is a civil society nongovernmental organization headquartered in Manchester, United Kingdom. Lifeline Help works with Syrians living inside and outside Syria. We do projects in different sectors such as education, health, food security and livelihoods projects, and non-food items.
The Grant Writer is responsible for researching and writing grants to benefit Lifeline Help and the work we do inside as well as outside of Syria.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, corporate sources, private donors, and INGOs etc.
- Perform prospect research on foundations, corporations, private donors and INGOs to evaluate prospects for grants.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
Essential functions/working conditions:
- Must have experience in prospect research and writing grants and concept notes
- Must be able to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to connect with others and develop relationships
- Committed to the mission of Lifeline Help
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain detailed records and confidential information
This is an unpaid internship and is great for recent graduates looking to work in the development/human rights fields. You must have prior grant/proposal writing experience and be committed to a 3-month unpaid internship. This internship is based in Turkey and you’ll be working on Syrian projects in the fields of education, health, food security etc. While with us, you’ll gain great insight into the Syrian civil war and the issues surrounding it, refugee and immigrant controversies, etc. Please email your CV/resume and a short cover letter explaining why you’re interested in this internship and why LLH should pick you to firstname.lastname@example.org